News Archives

NZF Statement: FIFA Extraordinary Congress 2016

New Zealand Football confirmed on Saturday the national body’s vote in the FIFA Presidential Election overnight in Zurich was cast for new President Gianni Infantino. The Presidential Election was held as part of the Extraordinary Congress which also voted on

Tagged with:
Posted in Featured News, New Zealand Football

NZF Statement: FIFA Presidential election

President Deryck Shaw outlined on Monday New Zealand Football’s schedule ahead of next week’s FIFA Extraordinary Congress in Zurich where a new President for the world governing body will be elected. Shaw, who is attending the Congress along with New

Tagged with:
Posted in Featured News, New Zealand Football

NZF Statement: OFC eligibility appeal

New Zealand Football’s Executive Committee confirmed on Friday its decision not to appeal the decision of the Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) Appeals Committee, to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). In reaching their decision, President Deryck Shaw says the

Tagged with:
Posted in Featured News, Men's U-23, National Teams, New Zealand Football

NZF Statement: Wellington Phoenix

New Zealand Football President Deryck Shaw reiterated on Tuesday the national body’s on-going commitment to supporting the efforts of the Wellington Phoenix in securing a long-term future in the A-League competition. “As we have consistently indicated we are 100 percent

Tagged with:
Posted in Featured News, New Zealand Football, Wellington Phoenix

OFC/NZF to move forward together

The Oceania Football Confederation and New Zealand Football are set to move forward together following a constructive meeting between OFC President David Chung and NZF President Deryck Shaw. Chung says the discussions were timely and proved extremely productive. “We believe

Tagged with:
Posted in Featured News, New Zealand Football, Oceania Football

Update from the President

Members will be aware of recent activity around player eligibility that has arisen as a result of the decision taken by the Oceania Football Confederation to disqualify our Men’s Under 23 team from the Tournament in Papua New Guinea last

Tagged with:
Posted in Featured News, Men's U-23, National Teams

NZF statement: Player eligibility

New Zealand Football confirmed their appeal to the Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) was filed on Friday afternoon following the Men’s U-23 team disqualification at the Pacific Games earlier this month. New Zealand Football President Deryck Shaw said the grounds for

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Featured News, Men's U-23, National Teams