High Performance Director
New Zealand Football is currently looking for a “leader of leaders” with a determination for excellence to direct our High Performance Programme, driving our coaches and teams to success at qualification tournaments, FIFA World Cups and the Olympics.
New Zealand Football (NZF) is responsible for leading, governing and regulating football in New Zealand. Our primary priorities are to:
- increase the number of participants in the game and the quality of their experience;
- achieve success at an elite level that creates a sense of identity and pride and inspires participation; and
- ensure the game has a clear strategic direction and is well-governed at every level.
We’re now looking for a “leader of leaders” with a determination for excellence to direct our High Performance Programme, driving our coaches and teams to success at qualification tournaments, FIFA World Cups and the Olympics.
Do you have what it takes to lead champions?
To lead elite coaches and teams to international success you will need to be an influential leader with excellent communication and problem-solving skills as well as being passionate about sport and winning. To be considered for this role you will have at least 5 years’ management experience (acquired in either business and/or sport), including:
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring strategic and operational plans and budgets
- Relevant and recent experience managing a team of high quality people in a complex and challenging environment – attracting, developing and retaining talent
- The energy and emotional intelligence to swiftly build relationships and credibility with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Well-practiced, evidence-based, strategic decision-making skills
- Refined and efficient time management and organisational skills
- Resilience, tenacity and a can-do attitude
Expression of interest
If you believe you have what it takes to make an impact in this critical role, please send your application or general enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday 25 May, 2012.
Download a copy of the job description.